Michele Grant, Esq., focuses her practice on serving the general legal needs of entrepreneurs and creative artists. She provides entrepreneurship and legal counseling for non-profit organizations and is a volunteer attorney with the ACLU of Pennsylvania. Recent work:
- She saved a small-business client tens of thousands of dollars in a contract with a Fortune 100 bank by negotiating reasonable requirements for insurance, risk assessment, stress testing, and auditing in an enterprise-wide software license that the bank wished to buy.
- When a Philadelphia artist found that his work had been used without his permission in a multi-media sculpture displayed at a prominent retail location in Center City, Michele won an admission from the sculptor that he had infringed on her client’s copyright, halted display of the sculpture in its high-profile location, secured the removal of images of the infringing work from social media websites, and won an apology from the retailer (a company in the top 50 of the Fortune 500) and the infringing artist.
- She negotiated full retention of intellectual property rights for a corporate trainer whose client sought to own instructional materials that the trainer had developed for class.
- She successfully collected over $32,000.00 in unpaid invoices owed to a small business owner.
- She presented a “Legal Issues for Filmmakers” seminar to film and media arts students at a local university.
- And she co-represented, pro bono, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to victory in a landlord-tenant dispute on The People’s Court.
Michele received her J.D. as a member of the inaugural class of Drexel University’s School of Law in 2009 and was admitted to the Pennsylvania bar that year. Before attending law school, Michele was an entrepreneur who co-founded and operated a boutique Internet software business for 10 years. She received her B.A. cum laude from the University of Delaware. Michele lives in Center City Philadelphia with her child.
Professional memberships and organizations:
SEPTA Citizens Advisory Committee – Transit Subcommittee and City Caucus
South Street Headhouse District – Secretary of Board of Directors (2016); Business Development Committee
Philadelphia Bar Association
K.O. Myers III, Esq., of counsel, was Director of Research and Programs at the American Judicature Society. He received his J.D. in 2009, as a graduate of the inaugural class of the School of Law at Drexel University. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Iowa. In 2003, he graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in Radio, TV and Film Production from Rowan University.